320f223- Enhanched job/stage status accessibility with addition of symbols to signify stage and job statuses. (#3233)
cfc778e- Build status indicator moved from build summary to breadcrumb toolbar. (#3270)
5478a54- Agents page improvement for better identification of elastic agents by addition of icon related to the type of agent in use. (#3276)
Authorization Plugin (Beta)
There has been more work done around fine tuning the Authorization Plugin endpoints, as part of this some of the plugin API calls have changed. Action required: Early adopters of this extension will have to update their plugins to handle the updated API calls before upgrading Go. Refer Authorization Plugin Endpoint documentation for the latest changes.
8224568- This fixes 17.2.0 upgrade failures in cases where cruise_config xml had encrypted values with spaces. (#3244)
4db0550- Agents page retain sort order across page refresh. (#3226)
73e0292- Elastic Agents, fixed reduntant agent creation calls to the plugin. (#3193)
5d75f45- Agents page memory leak fix. (#3217)
- On GoCD servers installed on windows or if using the zip installers, logs will now be written to logs directory instead of the working directory. This would be a breaking change only if there are custom scripts relying on the logs location.
- The gocd/gocd-server docker image now uses alpine as the base image. The phusion images are still supported for GoCD 17.3.0 and can be found at gocd-server-deprecated should you wish to use it.
- The gocd/gocd-server docker image no longer recognizes the
latesttag. Please use
docker pull gocd/gocd-server:v17.3.0instead.
gocd/gocd-agentdocker image no longer exists. We have a variety of agent images for different distributions. If you wish to continue with the old agent image, please use gocd-agent-deprecated instead.
Features that become superseded or irrelevant become deprecated, and are scheduled to be removed in some timeframe.
The following features have been deprecated, along with the timeframe when they will be removed.
As of release 17.1, version 2 of the Templates API was deprecated. This version of the API will be removed in 17.4 release (scheduled to be released in April 2017). Version 3 of the API is available, and users are encouraged to use it.
As of release 17.3, version 1 of the Environment Config API is deprecated. This version of the API will be removed in 17.6 release (scheduled to be released in June 2017). Version 2 of the API is available, and users are encouraged to use it.
Docker Images and AMIs
- The GoCD server docker image is now alpine based with support for volume mounts, with this going forward there will be no more support for phusion based images.
- You can download the docker images for GoCD agents across the following operating systems - Centos 6 & 7 , Debian 7 & 8, Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04 & 16.04
- We have also introduced an Amazon Linux based AMI for the GoCD Server making it very simple to launch GoCD server on your AWS EC2 instance.
- The old phusion based images have been moved, they can found under gocd-server-deprecated and gocd-agent-deprecated.
Feedback is appreciated. Please log your feedback or issues on github for the following -
- GoCD Server - https://github.com/gocd/docker-gocd-server
- GoCD Agent - https://github.com/gocd/docker-gocd-agent
- GoCD AMI - https://github.com/gocd/gocd-cloud
Ankit Srivastava, Aravind SV, Barrow KwanBhupendrakumar Piprava, Etienne Dysli Metref, Ganesh S Patil, Isabelle Carter, Junaid Shah, Jyoti Singh, Karel Bemelmans, Ketan Padegaonkar, Kiera Radman, Kyle Olivo, Lubaina R, Mahesh Panchaksharaiah, Marques Lee, Naveen Bhaskar, Rajiesh Narayanan, Varsha Varadarajan
A more comprehensive list of changes for this release can be found here.
Have ideas and want to contribute? Need some help getting started? We're here to help. Reach out to us.
Found a security issue that needs fixing? Please report it to https://hackerone.com/gocd