d6d59fb- Enhanced console log view with an option to expand/collapse outputs of comamnds. (#3199)
Authorization Plugin (Beta)
There has been more work done around fine tuning the Authorization Plugin endpoints, as part of this some of the plugin API calls have changed. Action required: Early adopters of this extension will have to update their plugins to handle the updated API calls before upgrading Go. Refer Authorization Plugin Endpoint documentation for the latest changes.
11f19db- Moving pipeline state to a separate table which for now contains locked information about the pipeline. Read locks is held only if we are loading the state from db. (#3204)
0ac7678- Displaying pipeline schedule time as localtime on dashboard, environments page and pipeline-history page. Users can hover over it to see timezone information. (#3417)
d13f81a- Switch agent-bootstrapper to use the new logging mechanism. The bootstrapper now has its own agent-bootstrapper-log4j.properties file under the config directory. (#3267)
567820c- Switch agent-launcher to use the new logging mechanism. The launcher now has its own agent-launcher-log4j.properties file under the config directory.
b1af25f- Display plugin name instead of plugin id in the dropdown in the elastic agent profiles page. (#3324)
ba510ad- Server now checks if the elastic agent is brought up by the same plugin as was expected by the scheduled elastic job during assignment. (#3418)
b0f4359- Handle pluggable task view when task plugin is missing. (#3320)
404002e- Render the elastic agent icon only if the plugin info exists for the elastic agent. (#3314)
- #3267 - On GoCD agents installed on windows or if using the zip installers, logs will now be written to logs directory instead of the working directory. This would be a breaking change only if there are custom scripts relying on the logs location.
Features that become superseded or irrelevant become deprecated, and are scheduled to be removed in some timeframe.
The following features have been deprecated, along with the timeframe when they will be removed.
As of release 17.1, version 2 of the Templates API was deprecated. This version of the API will be removed in 17.5 release (scheduled to be released in April 2017). Version 3 of the API is available, and users are encouraged to use it.
As of release 17.3, version 1 of the Environment Config API was deprecated. This version of the API will be removed in 17.6 release (scheduled to be released in June 2017). Version 2 of the API is available, and users are encouraged to use it.
Docker Images and AMIs
- The GoCD server docker image is now alpine based with support for volume mounts.
- To find out what changed in the docker server image, please refer to the changelog.
- You can download the docker images for GoCD agents across the following operating systems - Centos 6 & 7 , Debian 7 & 8, Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04 & 16.04
- To find out what changed in the docker agent images, please refer to the changelog.
The old phusion based docker images have been moved, they can found under gocd-server-deprecated and gocd-agent-deprecated. We shall stop support for these images in release 17.7 (scheduled to be released in July 2017).
- We have an Amazon Linux based AMI for the GoCD Server making it very simple to launch GoCD server on your AWS EC2 instance.
- We have an Amazon Linux based AMI for a demo GoCD Server and Agent making it very simple to get started with GoCD on your AWS EC2 instance.
Feedback is appreciated. Please log your feedback or issues on github for the following -
- GoCD Server - https://github.com/gocd/docker-gocd-server
- GoCD Agent - https://github.com/gocd/docker-gocd-agent
- GoCD AMI - https://github.com/gocd/gocd-cloud
Ankit Srivastava, Aravind SV, Badri Janakiraman, Bhupendrakumar Piprava, Ganesh S Patil, Isabelle Carter, Jyoti Singh, Ketan Padegaonkar, Kiera Radman, Lubaina R, Mahesh Panchaksharaiah, Markandan R, Marques Lee, Rajiesh N, Suzie Prince, Varsha Varadarajan
A more comprehensive list of changes for this release can be found here.
Have ideas and want to contribute? Need some help getting started? We're here to help. Reach out to us.
Found a security issue that needs fixing? Please report it to https://hackerone.com/gocd